Payment for writing is available and negotiated with the editors after acceptance of the article or the proposal sent.
Reading Islam expects writers to submit original material. If the material submitted to Reading Islam has been published elsewhere, please make that clear on submission.
Republication of material is allowed only after permission has been given by both the writer and Reading Islam. The website respects the rights of writers to protect their work and will not give other media outlets the right to republish material until permission is sought from the writer.
All republished material should contain a clear reference to Reading Islam as the first publisher.
1. Writer should be as clear as possible so as not to leave room for misunderstanding.
2. Writer should not attack or propagate any group's ideology. Should remain as objective as possible regarding the different sects/groups within Islam.
3. Writer should uphold proper manners while discussing areas of contention.
4. Writer should not be insulting towards anyone regardless of religion, sex, race, or nationality.
5. Writer should respect all peoples, regardless of their background, who strive to implement the human values that Islam endorses.
6. The length of the article should be between 1000 - 1500 words.
Attribute all information you get from other sources to those sources, whether they be a person, a web site or another publication. Footnotes or source listings are to be used to reference information used in the article as follows:
Author. Title, edition. (place of publication, publisher, year), page numbers
For periodicals: journals, magazines, newspapers, reviews, etc.
Author. 'Title of the article'. Title of the periodical or its accepted abbreviation, date, volume (part number of the issue in which it appears) page numbers
For online material
Author or authoring organization, document date or date of last revision, 'Title of the Document', Title of the complete work if any. (The title of the document should be hyperlinked to the original online source). The date the document was last accessed at.
I write for Reading Islam and mashaallah it's a great writing experience. Other writers have also said the same.